httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Tao <t...@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Subject Re: Linux, linux everywhere....
Date Fri, 01 Sep 1995 13:25:27 GMT
On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:

> > On the heavily traveled servers, we experience Apache
> > not responding for several minutes and then responding
> > again.

    Sounds like exactly the same problem the folks at
ftp.cica.indiana.edu are (or were?) experiencing on their Linux-based
server with wu-ftpd.  The server would just hang for several minutes
on end, even while a second copy of ftpd continued to run happily on a
different port.

    I know this doesn't help directly, but perhaps the CICA people
have found a solution to this long-standing Linux problem (increasing
the listening queue length, or patch xinetd in ftpd's case, or switch
to FreeBSD ;-) ).
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org