httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David M. Oliver" <d...@newshare.com>
Subject Re: netscape marketing
Date Fri, 08 Sep 1995 19:14:23 GMT
On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:

>    beats-the-shit-out-of-netsite-and-is-free-too-ware

	:-)

	sure hope we dont have any Netscapers on this list...

	Actually, I beat the software guys at Netscape dont like
	the marketing tactics either...

> Also, how the hell can anyone "trade" Apache for a 40% discount on Netsite..
> they're not allowed to "sell" Apache, only support for it.

	In the case of a "trade in" for betterware, the "trade" just
	amounts to a greater discount off the "normal price".

	According to the survey one person on this list mentioned,
	over 75% of all commercial servers are "betterware".  That's
	a big open market for a salesman, but it also means that
	commercial server vendors had better start recognizing that
	perhaps "betterware" has something to offer, for example,
	state of the art protocol support.

dave
| David Oliver                                   dave@newshare.com |
| Managing Director-Technology                Newshare Corporation |