httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: votes
Date Thu, 28 Sep 1995 07:43:12 GMT

> On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > > 02_DBMGroupCoreFix.0.8.14.patch
> >
> > I have two problems with this one. One is I don't understand what it is
> > supposed to do, and the other is that it doesn't fix (or generate) the
> > accompanying documentation, which, in my view anyway, should be a requirement
> > for any functionality change.
>
> It fixes a core dump bug sent to apache-bugs.  There is no
> documentation for the use of DBM group files anyway.  This patch doesn't
> alter any existing functionality.

It adds new functionality, which is a functionality change. There is very
little documentation for anything in Apache. Does this mean that we shouldn't
bother to document it?

I still don't get the point of this fix. Why allow an "incorrect" format,
rather than emitting an error message?

Cheers,

Ben.

A.L. Digital Ltd,