httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: The OS2 version...
Date Mon, 25 Sep 1995 18:21:01 GMT

> Rob Hartill writes:
> > I can barely read a word on that page with the backdrop you have.
> >
> > The text melts into the background :-(
>
> That is why sane people don't use Netscape and those that must
> set the following X resources:
>
> *blinkingEnabled:               False
> *linkForeground:                #XXXXXX		 PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
> *vlinkForeground:               #XXXXXX		 PUT YOUR FAVORITES HERE
> *alinkForeground:               #FF0000
> *documentColorsHavePriority:    False
>
> :-)

However, all those funky netscape-isms provide a useful filter criteria
for net-surfing. If the first page screams at me, I usually give up
and save myself a wasted journey through content-free pages.

...if the first page looks like vomit, the rest of the site usually
smells of it.

I hope that offends someone  ;-)

rob