httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: XBITHACK trips people up
Date Fri, 22 Sep 1995 13:09:23 GMT
rst wrote,

> text/* (your patch would disallow it for html3 files; also,

does these mean that it will currently parse a file with type
say text/html3  but then proceed to stamp it as text/html ?

int send_parsed_file(request_rec *r)

stamps the type as "text/html" - which was the cause of the problem with
+x images being parsed.

Do we need to determine the type based on mime.types and AddType but
exclude "x-server-parsed" at this stage.

So if by some accident we end up parsing a gif, the .gif extension
should force an image/gif type to be send to the client.

Alternatively and/or additionally, do we need a option,

AddType text/x-xbithack-server-parsed-html

so that people can restrict xbithack to a subset of the +x'ed files e.g.

AddType text/x-xbithack-server-parsed-html  html

View raw message