httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@tees.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: LICENSE mark III
Date Fri, 22 Sep 1995 14:51:09 GMT
> We have already decided that a CREDITS file of the form that Andrew
> proposes is unacceptable --- the last time we had this debate, it was
> put forward and lost.  It doesn't look any better to me this time around.
> -1.

Understood.  My reference to CREDITS was based solely on it's mention in
Roy F's licence template (his suggestion, not mine).  I'd prefer fuller
accreditation, if it exists at all, to exist on the web-site rather than
in some white-noise file we bundle with the distribution.

> If there is a CREDITS file with the distribution, it should be a copy of
> the contributors list on hyperreal.  There is no need for multiple versions.
>
> rst

Roy F?  Wanna propose another licence (IV) without a mention of a specific
CREDITS file?  I guess we can keep references to the website.

Could the last paragraph be reworded:

 * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
 * individuals on behalf of the Apache Group. For more information on
 * the Apache Group and the Apache HTTP server project, please see
 * <http://www.apache.org/>.

Ay	(chanting the mantra:  It itsn't legal, it doesn't mean anything,
	don't take it too seriously...)