httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@tees.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: load spreading... 0.8.14 announcement
Date Wed, 20 Sep 1995 22:03:22 GMT
>> > Hmm... after we get all of the SCO stuff undercontrol, and that has been
> > tested, I think we should go through the code, and start cleaning it up a
> > little.  Run it through a couple of filters just to get the coding structure
> > looking the same, add a little more debuging where necessary..... and
> > maybe we can call it 1.0 I guess by 0.8.16? May 17?
> >
> > --
> > Aram W. Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corporation
>
> The SCO stuff, yes.
>
> As for "cleaning up and filters.." I strongly disagree.
>
> 1. The code goes through -Wall just fine.
>
> 2. RST spent a good deal of time doing just this and I don't
> know of any areas that are not 100% better than the base
> code they were taken from.
>
> 3. The code is proving to be *very* stable at this point.
> Cleanup may have the opposite effect.
>
> 4. It's time to lift the feature ban.

Whaaaat? ;)  cleaning up the code won't have any effect on the system's
stability or -Wall'ability.  lifting the feature ban will introduce
a truck load of new and funky stuff which will charge around smashing
plates and throwing up on your sofa.  There are still bugs and IMHO
the server is not *very* stable.

But hey, what do people think.

Ay.