httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean N. Welch" <we...@wired.com>
Subject Re: linux virtual host (fwd)
Date Tue, 19 Sep 1995 16:35:11 GMT
On Sep 19,  8:07am, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Subject: Re: linux virtual host (fwd)
> >
> > Aram ?

[...]
> > > I'm running linux kernel 1.2.12 and I got apache installed.
> > > Using netscape as 1.1N as my browser. Oh yah, my linux is a stand alone
> > > pc sitting in my room not connected to network or internet.
> > >
> > > Ok, netscape can access my virtual hosts..no problem.
> > > However, netscape can only access documents from the last entry of
> > > virtual host in httpd.conf
> > > My httpd/logs show that only one virtual host documents are being access.
> > > Eventhough both virtual hosts respond...only one virtual host is sending
> > > out documents. Is this a bug or does apache not work properly on stand
> > > alone pc?
[...]
> Betcha his "virtual hosts" are just alternate names for 127.0.0.1.

I'm having similar weirdness with an Irix 5.3 box that has 5 VirtualHosts.
Two of them work just fine.  The other ones ask for authentication and
then all I can get are pages containing no data.  The access logs don't
record any hits after I authenticate, nor do the error logs show any
signs that something is broken.

The setup I'm using is a single httpd.conf without an srm.conf or an
access.conf (though they are both defined as /dev/null).  It's set up
that way because I have two VirtualHosts that are serving the same
document tree, just with different authentication requirements.  My
VirtualHosts are ppp interfaces.

The weird thing is that I was sure it was working last night at around
8, so I went out to catch a movie, and of course it wasn't working when
I got back.  That's what I get for leaving work once in a while.  Maybe
I'm just losing it.

Sean