httpd-dev mailing list archives

From guill...@clipper.ens.fr (Florent Guillaume)
Subject Bug ? Returning some file instead of failing
Date Sun, 17 Sep 1995 19:10:31 GMT
In apache 0.8.13 :

If I have a file /home/guillaum/somefile.html
and I request    /home/guillaum/somefile.html/dummy/path
then somefile.html is returned.
This can be worse in MultiViews, because somefile.html is also
returned if I request /home/guillaum/somefile/dummy/path

I *think* this bug could be cured by testing r->path_info in the
default_handler and refusing to proceed if it is not NULL or "".

But I don't know enough of the interactions with cgi and includes to
know if this will work in all circumstances.

-- Florent