httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Access restrictions based on domain
Date Thu, 14 Sep 1995 14:24:35 GMT

> I think that the way we're testing whether to require auth in a directory
> is whether there is an AuthType listed.  If that's not what NCSA does, the
> interesting question is, what *does* it do?  Sigh...
>
> rst

I just looked at Apache 0.6.5.   Following the code it looks the same
as described above.

I quoted the NCSA 1.4 documentation (as sent to us in a bug report).
Either 1.4 changed, or the documentation is wrong.

Whichever, Apache 0.8 behaves in a reasonable way (IMO), so I'd recomend
we make a note of the problem on the compatibility page.

rob