httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: apache users' announcements list?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 1995 11:04:33 GMT

> Is there interest in creating a one-way distribution list for
> announcements related to Apache: new releases, bug fixes, security
> warnings, etc?  While I don't want to manage a general apache-users
> public list on hyperreal, I would be willing to host an announcements
> list, and can definitely see the utility of such a list.  The same
> information should be simultaneously posted to c.i.w.s.u (so not
> *everyone* feels compelled to join the users' list, just those without
> reliable usenet feeds, etc).

Didn't someone offer this to us a week or three ago. In fairness to the
guy, I think we should see if he can do the above.

I forwarded the request from bug->new-httpd, so it's in the archives
somewhere.

> p.s. - RobH, when you made 0.8.13 public, did you send out an
> announcement + change history to the newsgroup?

nope. I didn't realise we had a tradition of doing this for minor
releases.

If someone else wants to do it, feel free, but with the NeXT compilation
problem it might be best to just let the masses find it. There's already
been a thread with the subject 0.8.13 in it; that's usually enough to
send the devoted towards apache.org

rob