httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: netscape marketing
Date Fri, 08 Sep 1995 12:36:59 GMT

> On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
>
> > "shareware" ?????
> > How dare they call Apache "shareware"
>
> 	Um, what DO we call Apache?  "groupware"?  "niceware"?
> 	"technically-superb-ware"? "consortiumware"?
>
> 	Seriously, the only way around this "shareware" moniker
> 	is to make up our own and put it on the masthead.
>
> 	let me see, I offer "betterware".

If the Netscape people don't apologies and target their potential
customers in a more civilized way, we should perhaps consider
*advertising* Apache as

   beats-the-shit-out-of-netsite-and-is-free-too-ware

Also, how the hell can anyone "trade" Apache for a 40% discount on Netsite..
they're not allowed to "sell" Apache, only support for it.

rob