httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <>
Subject Re: LICENSE
Date Thu, 21 Sep 1995 21:53:46 GMT
> > > BTW, any chance of getting the NeXT people to pay the expenses that
> > > Brian mentioned the other day ?.. it's peanuts to them and will show
> > > a sign of good-will.
> >
> > Remind me what that was again....
> Brian mentioned that it's going to cost ~$100 a year to keep the
> name, or something along those lines. Even though Organic do get
> big benefits from Apache, I see no reason why they should subsidise
> the project (even though they do anyway with computing resources), when
> there are big name companies ready to grab Apache for free... it doesn't
> hurt to ask.
> rob

Oh! He was refering to the fact that the Internic is now charging
for root nameservice. The cost is $50.00/year. I'm not sure I
would niggle NeXT about this... When you mentioned it, I thought
you meant something like getting NeXT to cover our costs for
Incorporation as a group. Goodwill gesture?

I'd pitch in for the nameservice costs.

View raw message