httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE
Date Thu, 21 Sep 1995 17:24:06 GMT

> > /*
> >  * Copyright (c) 1995
> >  *      Someone or other. =
> >
> >  *      Apache HTTP Server Project, All rights reserved.
>
> You *CAN'T* do this.
>
> I'm not going to pursue this any further. I suggest you contact
> a lawyer, I'm sure somebody could get a quick comment from
> someone where they work who is qualified to deal with licensing.
>
> --
>   Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.

I fall somewhere in between Roy and Paul on this. I agree with
Roy that we are not in a position to defend this at this time.
I like the clarity of the license that Paul provided. The issue
with NeXT is much more clear with Pauls version. I would *think*
that this would apply to Walnut Creek and other similar CD
presses as well.

I don't think that lack of Incorporation should keep us from
adding a more clear, concise license to the code.

I'm voting +1 for the version I mailed to the list.
Any suggested changes?