httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@JHCloos.COM>
Subject Re: flastmod problems in SSI
Date Thu, 21 Sep 1995 06:27:09 GMT

> Randy> Anyone tried this?
>
> |> This page was last modified on <!--#config timefmt="%A %d %B %y"
> |> --> <!--#flastmod file="index.html" -->.
>
> Randy>    Under Apache it doesn't work.

This is a misquote. I forwarded the help request from the
newsgroup to this list. The person posting the message said it
does not work.

I also verified that this worksas advertised. I suspect that the
person posting the problem does not have the X-bit set.

Yes, the second `Randy>' should have been a `|>'.  Sorry about that.

But flastmod, fsize and include all fail for me with a [an error...]
output.

The section of access.conf for the dir I tried it in looks like:

----------
<Directory /home/*/public-web>
Options All MultiViews
XBitHack Full
AllowOverride All
<Limit GET PUT POST>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>
----------

When I try it from the DocumentRoot, however, it does in fact work.
The access.conf section for that looks like:

----------
<Directory /usr/local/www>
Options All MultiViews
XBitHack Full
AllowOverride All
<Limit GET PUT POST>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Limit>
</Directory>
----------

In both cases, using .shtml vs the XBitHack makes no difference.

I bet the original reporter of this was using it in a UserDir.

Changing the time format has no effect on whether or not it works.

The error from error_log is:

unable to get information about Permission denied/index.html in
 parsed file /home/c/cloos/public-web/test.shtml

Plus, looking at the access.conf, it turns out I never removed the
<Directory /> section that I added back before wildcards in Directory
worked.  Said section looks the same as the .../*/public-web one above.

The server in question is running under Linux.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.	include <std/qotd>
James.Cloos@JHCloos.COM	include <std/disclaimers.h>