httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: load spreading... 0.8.14 announcement
Date Wed, 20 Sep 1995 22:22:08 GMT

> > 4. It's time to lift the feature ban.
>

> Whaaaat? ;)  cleaning up the code won't have any effect on the system's
> stability or -Wall'ability.  lifting the feature ban will introduce
> a truck load of new and funky stuff which will charge around smashing
> plates and throwing up on your sofa.  There are still bugs and IMHO
> the server is not *very* stable.
>
> But hey, what do people think.
>
> Ay.

Let me clarify what I wrote....

I am *not* advocating lifting the feature ban before 1.0 is
released.

I am suggesting that the code is ready to be release as 1.0.
I do not agree that *any* clean needs to be done at this point.
I agree that *only* known problems should be fixed at this time
rather than creating some unknown ones.