httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: load spreading... 0.8.14 announcement
Date Wed, 20 Sep 1995 20:50:44 GMT

> Hmm... after we get all of the SCO stuff undercontrol, and that has been
> tested, I think we should go through the code, and start cleaning it up a
> little.  Run it through a couple of filters just to get the coding structure
> looking the same, add a little more debuging where necessary..... and
> maybe we can call it 1.0 I guess by 0.8.16? May 17?
>
> --
> Aram W. Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corporation

The SCO stuff, yes.

As for "cleaning up and filters.." I strongly disagree.

1. The code goes through -Wall just fine.

2. RST spent a good deal of time doing just this and I don't
know of any areas that are not 100% better than the base
code they were taken from.

3. The code is proving to be *very* stable at this point.
Cleanup may have the opposite effect.

4. It's time to lift the feature ban.