httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@hyperreal.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "tolower/toupper undefined result if already lower/upper" on OTHER:i386 Mach (fwd)
Date Mon, 18 Sep 1995 16:21:34 GMT

Anyone want to chase this one ..

Forwarded message:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Sun Sep 17 22:49:37 1995
> From: zellersAfit.qut.edu.au@hyperreal.com
> To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
> Date: Sun Sep 17 22:49:35 1995
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "tolower/toupper undefined result if already lower/upper"
on OTHER:i386 Mach

> Submitter: zellersAfit.qut.edu.au
> Operating system: OTHER:i386 Mach, version: 3.0
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> Daemon dies in initialisation of mime module, errors trying to run a shell cgi script
etc.  Any source line that calls toupper or tolower, when  the case of the character is that
of the conversion request.  This is as per the man pages for this system.  Return result is
undefined in these cases.
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --
> It isn't a requestfor you to fix, I have fixed it and can provide you with the patches
for this  system port (i386 running CMU's Mach 3.0 with a BSD Unix emulation system).  Contact
me for further info.