httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@luers.qosina.com>
Subject Re: voting...
Date Sun, 17 Sep 1995 18:51:06 GMT

> 	Well, let me see.
>
> 	1)	I read the header and it's adding a functional
> 		enhancement, not correcting a bug.  Hadn't noticed that
> 		either, first time round.  It calls sprintf and writes out
> 		a 'long' using a %d, instead of a %ld. Does this matter?

It should.. but I've noticed alot of those going on by in previous patches
This should be noted, and before we release 1.0 should be brought up as a
major cleanup patch.  Right now we're trying to fix things.
> 	2)	Yeah, it patches clean.
> 	3)	Nothing explodes when I use the patch. (How do
> 		I test if printing a long using %d is giving
> 		erronious output?!)
>
> Sooo, I guess it's gunna have to be -1.  Merely on account of it
> being a functional enhancement and not a straight bug fix. Sorry.

I don't agree with this.  I don't see it as an addional feature. It's
something that was left out and is needed.

I'll record a -1 on 01a then. Is this correct?

<Aram>
--
Aram W. Mirzadeh			     http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
MIS Manager	To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer.