httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: two brief notes on config stuff --- ["Robert S. Thau" <rst@hyperreal.com>] (fwd)
Date Sat, 16 Sep 1995 16:11:42 GMT

> 2) Many of the ideas in Richards' proposal --- specificalyly a nested set
>    of defaults per real server, virtual server, and directory for those things
>    which it makes sense to set per directory, are already in the current
>    config structure.  When discussing changes to that structure, it would
>    be helpful to say how they relate to the current code.

I realise this but perhaps my example was a little unclear and to be honest
it was a few hours hacking on a Sunday afternoon and not a rounded out
proposal, hoever, I don't see a reason to have several different files.
Why not have a single place for each server where everything is defined,
including what's in access.conf and srm.conf, with a single structure for
each server you can have them configured as though they were completely
distinct.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)