httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Cannot ref gifs in directory other than where html is located" on FreeBSD
Date Sat, 16 Sep 1995 16:02:19 GMT

> On Sat, 16 Sep 1995, Paul Richards wrote:
> > It looks like I'll now get mail from anyone who has any sort of
> > problem with Apache and lists FreeBSD as the underlying OS. I'm
> > not too keen on that, 1) because quite often it's the end users
> > fault and 2) because when it isn't it's a general httpd server
> > problem rather than a FreeBSD specific problem.
>
> Okay, you're right, that subtlety was lost on me while coding it up (but I
> wish someone had caught it when I posted about it before making it
> public).  Possible solution: add another button to the form asking "Do you
> think this bug is related the OS you are using?", and only send it to the
> "expert" if it is checked.  If someone could implement this since I
> *swear* this is the last time I'm logging in before the wedding (haha)
> feel free - at the very least comment out the code relating to "experts"
> until that's implemented.  I apologize, Paul.

No problem, I was just surprised to get it. I think all the bug reports
should go to everyone and then those that understand the problem can reply
to it. I'd obviously deal with anything that I can see is a FreeBSD specific
problem but I won't then have to worry about not dealing with things
that are not FreeBSD specific.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)