httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob McCool <r...@netscape.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion: Associate file types with processors for CGI (fwd)
Date Sat, 16 Sep 1995 07:32:55 GMT
/*
 * "Re: Suggestion: Associate file types with processors for CGI (fwd)" by Rob
 *    written Wed, 13 Sep 95 9:30:16 MDT
 *
 * The sun official said that Netscape had announced Java support for
 * an upcoming Windoze Netscape. There was no mention of unix ports,
 * and I got the impression that nobody was working on a unix java
 * browser (I know about HotJava, but that's limited to Solaris AFAIK
 * *).

Just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not happening.

 * It could be that we're heading for a huge "have/have not" split on
 * the web.
 */

The only way that will happen is if Microsoft wins.

--Rob