httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: -d | !-d ? <-
Date Fri, 15 Sep 1995 15:43:18 GMT

> One reason for having a ServerRoot directive in httpd.conf is to indicate
> the location of the *other* configuration (and the log) files when the file
> has been selected, not with -d, but with -f.  (This is generally how I
> wind up starting the thing...).

yeah, that's one thing I thought it could be used for. My take on this
would be to break out the separate directives so you have

ServerRoot (this is the master server directory that http.conf is in)

SrmRoot
LogRoot

etc, but I think my long term proposal is an all round better solution
that makes this trivial. It gets into the heart of the server though which
is why implementing it wouldn't be trivial.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)