httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: vote deadline ?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:59:05 GMT

> > > I don't recall seeing anyone else +1 the vote deadline extension I put
> > > forward, so are we still on for a vote collection by the end of
> > > Friday ? (can 2 people +1 the Monday extension ?)
> >
> > I've not downed any of the patches yet and won't be able to till UK Friday
> > night - wanna see it all work on my FreeBSD.  So +1 for an extension.
> >
> > > rob
> >
> > Ay
> >

> +1 on the Monday vote extension. I'm hoping that gives Paul
> enough time to come up with a LICENSE patch as well. Let me know
> if I can do anything to help WRT the License.

Hmm, OK. I can have the new license done today but providing a patch against
all the Apache files may take a bit longer.

I also want to grab httpd 1.3 (is that the correct baseline for
the Apache code) so I can attribute NCSA properly. It's not correct
to attribute NCSA in the license since the license will go in every
file and some files are completely new code.  I need to check who
wrote these completely new files so I can add appropriate Copyrights
so there's a bit more work than just writing a new license involved
to get this job done properly once and for all. The historical
contribution of NCSA to the Apache project in general should be
explained in the Apache.Project README which also needs to be
written.

I'll have to stop complaining about things, creates more work :-)

I'll post the license soon so people can have a quick look.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)