httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Documentation bug
Date Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:58:15 GMT

> > > Why don't we include the conf directory as a candidate for patches? That's
> > > why I did my last patch from the root instead of src/.
> >
> > Can't you do it all from src using  diff ../conf  or whatever ?
> > It's been done before.
>
> Of course I can, I thought it wasn't allowed, though. If it is, I will.
>
> > Making src the default for patches seems to make life much easier.
>
> Whatever you prefer.

Hmm, I think patches from the apache root rather than src is a better
idea since I've a new htpasswd program which I'll pass on sometime soon
(need to remove some BSD specific code to make it portable) and I'd expect
that Apache would then start to become more of a package rather than
just the server and people would want to patch other bits of it.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)