httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Contributions/Credit, and History
Date Tue, 12 Sep 1995 12:14:14 GMT

> In an effort to make sure that the contributors within the Apache project get
> recognized for their work, I'm now going to ask each of you to submit to me a
> couple sentences, perhaps a paragraph, outlining the main contributions you
> think you have made to the Apache project for the credits page, which lives
> at http://www.apache.org/contributors/.  We're going to work on the honor
> system, I'm not going to edit your submissions (beyond spelling, etc) and
> I'll leave it up to you to assess what your contribution has been so far and
> what you want to be known for.

Just for the record I think this is a big mistake. A simple list
of names of people who have contributed should be enough, letting people
write their own will lead to behind the scenes gossiping and animosity
about some people's claims.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)