httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Credits
Date Sun, 10 Sep 1995 00:02:49 GMT

> For some reason, I seem to see this issue a bit differently... I don't
> see why it should be impossible to put together a proper credits file for
> Apache (NCSA has one, for Pete's sake!).  However, Brian's idea of how to
> assemble it (people listing their own contributions) is probably the best
> way to do it, to avoid bruised feelings and recriminations...

In FreeBSD we have a simple contributers file, which lists everyone who
has contributed anything, however, major or minor to the project. I
think something similar wouldn't be too much of a problem. You get into
trouble when you try to attribute different degrees of commitment, I think
that would be a big mistake. Just list everyone who has contributed
anything to the project, it helps to show that it's a broad group of
people who are involved.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)