httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: netscape marketing [cliff@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)] (fwd)
Date Fri, 08 Sep 1995 18:36:53 GMT
> > I just got this in the mail on my home machine where I have a couple
> > small web sites.  Heh..competitive upgrade. ;)  I've removed the
> > name to prtect the clueless from too much abuse.  I think the
> > group would enjoy this, long live apache.
>

> > On Sep 6,  7:59pm, X X  wrote:
> > } Subject: Would you like to use Netscape?
> > } Hello,
> > }
> > } Hey, nice web site but I noticed you are running shareware.  Have you ever
>
> "shareware" ?????
>
> How dare they call Apache "shareware"
>
> Anyone have Johnny Cochran's phone number ?
>
> Cliff, tell this marketing droid to stop telling lies, or we'll respond..
> e.g. I'll plaster something over the newsroups, they hate negative
> public comments.
>

> rob

Lovely.  Can we frame this?

Er sorry if I came over all stroppy earlier.  I just have a problem with
trying to parcel out credit for a project that really is max collaboration
from everyone.  My home page has tons of bullshit on it, I dun't really
want to see the same stuff here, it's too nice ;)

Cheers,
Ay.