httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@JHCloos.COM>
Subject Re: votes for current patch round...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 1995 08:21:11 GMT
Robert> In the meantime, raising the fixed limit of 5 in the function
Robert> which Chuck quoted doesn't seem like anything subtle or
Robert> difficult to me... it's basically what one does on SunOS,
Robert> although on this system, the constant in question is at least
Robert> in a header file, and not buried in the source...

I'd note that in 1.3.15, the default is 128, not 5.  This is still not
enough here (between 125K and 250K hits/day).

It could be made as high as 255, w/o redoing the struct sock.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.	Snail:	POBox 18122 Austin, TX 78760-8122   Usenix,SAGE
cloos@io.com		URL:	http://www.jhcloos.com/~cloos/      LPF