httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: 2 new patches
Date Sun, 03 Sep 1995 19:49:47 GMT
> >+ #ifdef BSD
> >+ #include <sys/resource.h>
> >+ #endif
>
> Does that conflict with the no_bsd_conf changes?
>
> .....Roy

Can't imagine why it would. It *may* require the no_bsd_conf
patch for systems that don't automagically include <sys/param.h>

This may be a case that we want to later have a HAS_SETRLIMIT
define.  It won't break my heart if this patch does not get
included in this round. I am mainly interested in feedback
about it's approach to the problem. It does work on systems
that have setrlimit() and would fix the problem at sites
that encounter a rather low maxopen configuration with lots of
virtual hosts.

Just to clear up any confusion about the BSD define issue, the
changes to conf.h to remove #define BSD are to allow the
system includes to define it if valid and not to override it
in our own includes.