httpd-dev mailing list archives

From hagb...@mail.med.cornell.edu (Eric Hagberg)
Subject Re: problem with nested includes?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 22:57:38 GMT
At 6:41 PM 8/8/95, I wrote:

> And this _was_ just about what I had done... though previous versions
> allowed one to specify:
>
> AddType text/x-server-parsed-html lastmod.inc
>
> But this version requires:
>
> AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .inc
>
> In other words, you can't specify just one specific filename to get parsed
> in a directory, it has to be an extension...

Even worse than that, previous versions evaluated the variables like
"LAST_MODIFIED" in relation to the file that the nested #include was called
from... and apache_0.8.8 evaluates the variable wrt the file that the
variable evaluation is actually in.

Now all my pages have the same last-modified date :-(

This certainly seems to be broken behavior; correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
-ech

Eric Hagberg                       Phone: 212-746-6387
User Services Manager, CUMC/OAC    Fax:   212-746-8161