httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Eric Hagberg)
Subject Re: problem with nested includes?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 22:41:45 GMT
At 11:19 PM 8/8/95, Andrew Wilson wrote:

> Uuuh,  try making BOTH files u+x:
>         chmod u+x the_file.html
>         chmod u+x DocumentRoot/
> that's if you're using the -DXBITHACK mods to indicate that the files
> are to be parsed.
> The alternative is to add the directive
>    XBitHack Full
> to the .htaccess governing these pages, or more globally

The above does work...

>    XBitHack Full
> in the conf/access.conf

I assume that one would too...

> Then again you could tell the server that .inc files are really like
> .shtml files (I don't use this notation but it's a directive to indicate
> that the server should parse these files) in srm.conf
>    AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml

And this _was_ just about what I had done... though previous versions
allowed one to specify:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html

But this version requires:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .inc

In other words, you can't specify just one specific filename to get parsed
in a directory, it has to be an extension...

> As ever:
> which on current form is very unlikely.

"CACK"? Is there a missing "R" in the sentence and and extra "L"? Just kidding.

Eric Hagberg                       Phone: 212-746-6387
User Services Manager, CUMC/OAC    Fax:   212-746-8161

View raw message