httpd-dev mailing list archives

From hagb...@mail.med.cornell.edu (Eric Hagberg)
Subject problem with nested includes?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 22:07:05 GMT
I have a file with nested includes in it and the file is definitely being
read, and is not having the directives evaluated... are nested includes
broken intentionally in apache 0.8.8 :-(  ? Or is it just me?

The file that contains the nest has:

<!--#include virtual="/lastmod.inc" -->

and DocumentRoot/lastmod.inc has:

<!--#config timefmt="%h %d, 19%y at %T" -->
<cite>Last modified:
<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" -->.</cite><p>

And there are .htaccess files specifying that .inc (in the document root)
and the file containing the "#include" are to be parsed for includes.

And the setup works fine with apache_0.7.3k, but with apache_0.8.8 the
lastmod.inc file _is_ read, but not parsed... or at least I get no date
info out of it... of course, if I just paste the contents of lastmod.inc
into the file where I want the timestamp, it works... but that still leaves
me wondering why the included file isn't parsed.

Hope I haven't just made some stupid error, but the 0.7.3k version of
apache handles this, so I don't think so.

Ideas? Thanks,

-ech

Eric Hagberg                       Phone: 212-746-6387
User Services Manager, CUMC/OAC    Fax:   212-746-8161