httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: New Makefile
Date Thu, 17 Aug 1995 18:04:00 GMT
A little while ago, rst wrote:
>From: rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
>Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 20:13:02 EDT
>
>   Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 16:42 BST
>   From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
>
>   I've created a new Makefile for apache 0.8.[89]

>Well, I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly looks like it *ought*
>to work as advertised.  Modulo my release-timing related worries which
>are (by now) probably all too familiar to the rest of you, my only
>quibble is that if I'm reading it right, it defaults 'CC' to gcc on
>all platforms... I'd prefer to maintain the current suggested default
>on all platforms (which is 'cc' for most of them), even at the price
>of a little awk crockery in synthesizing Makefile.go from the original
>Makefile.

I sort of agree, although it's a little tricky to arrange. I guess I could
have
CC = $(DEFAULT_CC)
at the top of the Makefile, and have each OS target define DEFAULT_CC.

However, I thought that the current default was gcc? That's certainly what
it's set to in the 0.8.9 distribution Configuration file.

 David.