httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: FancyIndexing bugs..
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 05:07:17 GMT
On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote, quoting me:
>    2) "AddDescription" doesn't seem to be working when I put a line for it
>    in srm.conf, and when I put it in an .htaccess file I get a
>
>    access to /full/path/.htaccess failed for
>    fully.organic.com, reason: AddDescription not allowed here
>
>    even with every option to AllowOverride I know of to be set (Options
>    FileInfo AuthConfig Limit).
>
> You forgot "AllowOverride Indexes"; AllowOverride All sets this as
> well.

I get "configuration error" using AllowOverride All, but adding Indexes
does allow those traits in .htaccess files.  Anyways, even after that,
AddDescription and none of the AddAlts in .htaccess files work.  In fact,
they don't work when called from srm.conf, either - the only way I could
get something to appear in the FancyIndex of a directory is by turning
ScanHTMLtitles on.

I saw in CHANGES:
  AddIcon and AddAlt commands work properly [Rob Hartill]

What am I doing wrong?  Does this work for others?

	Brian