httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Apache_0.8.8 hangs under Solaris 2.3? (fwd)
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:28:51 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 09:48:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Merten Schumann <merten.schumann@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Subject: Re: Apache_0.8.8 hangs under Solaris 2.3?

On Fri, 11 Aug 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> > 0.8.8 hangs for me too on a Solaris 2(.4) maschine. It works fine
> > if I remove the logfiles (access, error) before starting the server.
> > But starting with existing logfiles -> hang.
>
> Are the logfiles mounted over NFS?  Anything else you can tell us about
> the logfiles?  I'm running with it on 2.4 with local file system logs,
> and restarting works fine.

Many thanx for your response!

The logfiles are mounted over NFS.
New aspect: I just started the server after the weekend with existing
logfiles. It works :). After restarting (kill -1) the server continues
to work.
But after stop (kill) and new start the server doesn't reply (Netscape
loads and loads..., telnet hangs after GET request...). Restart after
"bad new start" don't solves this problem.
No idea why starting works after a longer break and doesn't work after
a short break :(.
I think I've to contact our local systems group, maybe they know about
problems with the NFS.

mit freundlichen Gruessen
   Merten

Merten Schumann                  mesc@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de