httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: Negotiation and suffixes...
Date Wed, 09 Aug 1995 19:13:16 GMT
On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Note on a possible way out --- Cliff, if you're willing to denote different
> styles of suffix by different delimiters (e.g. "index.html-fr"), how about
> applying the same style to your own case --- naming the files index-old.html,
> etc.?

Either way, there are compatibility and conformance issues.  I personally
strongly prefer the concept of "anything after a '.' is a
meta-information flag", but that'll be something we'll have to enforce.

A script that knew of all possible meta-information flags and searched a
file tree for documents with bogus things like ".old" would be useful to
write I suppose....

View raw message