httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Vote change...
Date Wed, 30 Aug 1995 23:30:31 GMT
On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, Roy Fielding wrote:
> Since people seem to be confused, and its difficult to get at the old
> agreements on this list...

I spent some time last night setting up an NNTP server on hyperreal -
I don't have any news feeds, but I'm planning on using it as an alternate
way of accessing hyperreal mailing lists - so that they would be accessed
through a URL like news://hyperreal.com/new-httpd for example.  There are
still a couple of problems I'm working out, but hopefully by the end of
next week this could provide a very cool way to keep up with the list in
a nice threaded manner.

If anyone has some thoughts on this, send me private email - issues I'm
facing now are

1) setting up the news/mail gateways (easy)
2) getting old mail messages to get imported into the database with
threading intact
3) getting "overchan" to rebuild the .overview files correctly
4) seeing if I can get inn to be a little more intelligent about how it
stores newsgroup messages, rather than thousands of individual files in
the same directory... do I need inn 1.4 or 1.5?  I currently just have
1.1.1.1...

	Brian