httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject mime.types parsing and commas
Date Mon, 21 Aug 1995 05:56:22 GMT

I dunno if this is a bug or not, but I had one entry in my mime.types
file that used a "," to separate multiple file name extensions for a
given mime type, when the norm is to use a space, and whereas apache
0.6.5 accepted that fine 0.8.10 didn't (resulting in mpeg audio files
typed as text/plain :)  I don't know what the standard is for mime.types
files - I don't even know if there is a standard - but it's yet another
behavior change, even though it's exceedingly minor.  It's only worth
fixing if the mime.types "spec" if one exists allows commas as file

View raw message