httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: filetype-based script execution
Date Tue, 22 Aug 1995 01:45:27 GMT
On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> --- the extra stuff is tacked onto PATH_TRANSLATED before it is given
> to the script.  This means that the script has the to figure out where
> the real filename ends and /extra-path begins, which isn't pretty, but
> is certainly feasible.

Ah. Okay. Well, I coded up a new version of my module, that internally
redirects as you suggessted, which seems to work. I uploaded it to
/httpd/incoming as mod_actions.c (the s to distinguish it from
mod_action.c, my other one).

One note: the Action directive now interprets the script name as a
virtual path instead of a direct one.

At any rate, if people like one of the modules, they can have them.

> I suppose it would be possible to add a couple of extra CGI variables
> (PATH_TRANSLATED_FILE and PATH_TRANSLATED_PATH_INFO, perhaps) to keep
> the script from having to do even that much --- well actually, it
> would be extremely easy.  But would it be *right*?  Hmmm...

Well, as long as PATH_TRANSLATED was kept to the spec, would it hurt?

Thanks!