httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: promoting apache
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 02:13:45 GMT
On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:

>    http://www.apache.org/images/powered_by.gif

[...]

> Hmm, probably too big. Xpaint isn't really cut out for this task.

I agree... it's a bit too bulky.

While I'm not an artist either, I'm stuck in the graphic design situation
often enough that I know how to use Photoshop to make things look good,
so I came up with

http://www.dal.net/apache_pb.gif

With a sample of actual user use at http://www.dal.net/

I think it looks good. Anyone else have any opinions? It's only 2871
bytes, so not terribly large. Which is a good thing.

Maybe we should ship whatever image we come up with in the distribtion's
/icons/ directory. That way, people have it.