httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Updating features for Apache (fwd)
Date Mon, 07 Aug 1995 22:51:05 GMT
On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Hmm.. I was thinking of the imagemap module, but I suppose the fact that
> there's an API doesn't fulfill the requirements for a "yes" since it
> would still have to be programmed in.

On this note... would it be possible for some future Apache release to put
the AddHandler directive (or one like it) back in? Patch E70 (or E75, I
can't tell) for Apache 0.6.0 and 0.6.1, and wrtten by rst, it was vetoed
in order to get 0.6.2 into release form. (at least that's what the mail
archive says. I wasn't around at the time) However, I'd like to see it
back, as it provides very useful functionality, IMO. Plus it lets us say
Yes to that line :)

Actually, I happen to perfer the WebSTAR name for this feature (it calls
them Actions), but that's a minor thing.