httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Tao <>
Subject Re: We're pointed at by Netscape!
Date Wed, 09 Aug 1995 10:09:36 GMT
On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> p.s. - anyone been able to do some speed tests to compare this to other
> servers?

    I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but I'm moving back
to Toronto for a new job come September 20, so things at my current
job are pretty hectic while I try to finish things up.  I did manage
to release WebHound on Apache 0.85 a couple of weeks ago just to get a
feel for the new server.  FreeBSD 2.1-960726, 486DX4/100, 16 megs RAM
and 40 clients accessing it, simulating data pipes of varying widths
and lag times, random dropped connections, etc.  The benchmark ran for
14 hours, with a projected daily access rate of almost 600,000
accesses.  Load average stayed at around 0.70 the whole time.  :)

    I did notice that I could only get 25 servers running, even though
MaxClients was set to 150... I'll try it again with the latest code
and get some more conclusive numbers.
Brian ("Though this be madness, yet there is method in't") Tao <-- work ........ play -->

View raw message