httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject nothing to do with apache. What size disk cache ?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 1995 19:42:16 GMT

hit 'd' now if you don't want to read mail that has nothing to do with
apache.

I thought I'd make use of some of the unix expertise out there.

I've been using a performance monitor on out HP systems, and I keep seeing
a large chunk of our 64mb (per machine) being swallowed by so called
disk cache. We often loose 20-30mb to the disk cache, and not being
fluent in kernel internals we've no idea if this is a big problem, but it
certainly looks bad.

Anyone know what a realistic value should be, and if we need to change it,
how to do it. There's a big list of HP kernel settings available, but it's
not clear which one needs changing.

Anyone ?

rob