httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Votes for 0.8.12...
Date Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:55:48 GMT
Paul, I'm not responding to email right now because I'm trying to get some
Real Work(tm) done, but I personally do *not* think that it's the right
thing to go ahead with a major rework of the configuration stuff now.  I
think people here are losing sight of the reason why we have a feature freeze
on now --- it is to avoid making changes to the code which cause new problems
while we are trying to chase out the old ones.  So, for instance, imap-points
doesn't bug me so much --- it's simple, self-contained, and has minimal
impact on what's already there.

However, a massive rework of the way the conf.h stuff works is *certain* to
cause such problems, and, for that reason, while I do understand the desire
for it, I do *not* think it would be a good idea to proceed with this sort
of thing until after 1.0.  (If you want to get it ready in the meantime, I'd
appreciate it, but for 1.0, I feel strongly that the right thing is to stick
with incremental adaptations of what we have).

rst