httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: 0.8.11 *not* publically released for the moment...
Date Tue, 29 Aug 1995 09:30:32 GMT
> Randy noticed that I hadn't put it in apache/dist yet, and reset the
> version number.  I do think it's fit for public release, and would like
> it out as soon as someone has compiled it themselves and verified that
> all the important bits landed in the right place...
>
> Sigh...

[I'm still in Mail-hell, don't expect any of this to sync up with current
threads].

FreeBSD have included Apache 0.8.11 in their /ports/ collection.  Which means:

a)	It's going to be bundled with the FreeBSD software releases on-line and
	on CD-ROM
b)	Someone is going to be making sure that it's kept in sync with changes
	we make by our own team.
c)	Perhaps we should indicate to Free that it's too early to take this
	software on board?

Anyway Paul Richards (also a FreeBSDer) knows, so this is as much a reminder to
him as a FYI for the rest of us.

> rst

Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144