httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic}
Date Mon, 28 Aug 1995 19:39:13 GMT

>> and use utsname() instead.  The others
>
> Why? Does gethostname not work?

According to my man-pages; gethostname() should be in the BSD compatibility lib,
it says a few nasty things, like;

NOTES
     Use of these interfaces should be restricted to only  appli-
     cations  written  on BSD platforms.  Use of these interfaces
     with any of the system libraries or in multi-thread applica-
     tions is unsupported.

and so on. But it really ought to be OK, as it is in the compat lib.

Dw.

DISCLAIMER: My manpages are known to be a combination of utrix/osf/solaris
and god knows what else. So if the above is correct, well lucky you !