httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: 0.8.11 (fwd)
Date Mon, 28 Aug 1995 09:36:00 GMT
   Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 17:59:21 -0500
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>

   I think that it would be more difficult to figure out what OS has
   GMTOFFs than it would be to trust that they define BSD if they are
   BSD based. Obviously, this piece of code is growing its own string
   of exceptions.

But we already *have* such a list --- it's every system for which BSD
was being defined in conf.h, *except* for A/UX and Apollo.  A patch
which did a global substitute of HAS_GMTOFF for BSD in conf.h, changed
the #define HAS_GMTOFFs to #undef HAS_GMTOFFs for those two systems,
and made the obvious change to the get_gmtoff routine would be certain
to work everyplace, which would, IMHO, make it far less problematic.

rst