httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: New scratch build, votes, etc....
Date Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:29:01 GMT
   From: Paul Richards <>
   Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:54:33 +0100 (BST)

   Can we have a better mechanism for storing bugs and their *causes*.
   I'm going to grab the latest set of sources sometime soon (today
   or tomorrow) and with all the patches going in it would be handy
   if I knew what to actually try to verify the problem doesn't exist
   on FreeBSD.

   That's a bit hard if I don't remember what the procedure is that
   manifests the bug in the first place.

The easiest way to do this is probably to put a description of the
problem in the patch file itself (some, but not all of the patches
currently on hyperreal have these --- 'patch' is smart enough to skip
over them to get to the actual patch).  As a stopgap, here's the
latest version of the list I'm keeping...

* patch10.access_cleanup --- clarify init code and nuke bogus compiler warning
   in mod_access.c [Florent Guillaume]
* patch10.config-cleanup --- Corrects several directives in sample srm.conf
   --- includes corrections to directory indexing icon-related directives
   (using unknown.gif rather than unknown.xbm as the DefaultIcon, doing
   icons for encodings right, and turning on AddEncoding by default).
   [Roy Fielding]
* patch10.dir_cmd_tab --- Correct descriptions of args to AddIcon and AddAlt
   in command table [James Cloos]
* patch10.dir_index --- Don't reset DirectoryIndex to 'index.html' when
   other directory options are set in a .htaccess file.  [Robert Thau]
* install.diff --- mention contributed modules directory
* readme.diff --- ditto.
patch10.license --- fix English in the license language...
* patch10.log-noaccess --- Log access failures due to symlink checks
   or invalid client address [Fielding, Thau]
* patch10.scripta-rst --- Fix ScriptAlias by moving ScriptAlias handling to
   mod_alias.c, merging it almost completely with handling of Alias, and
   adding a 'notes' field to the request_rec which allows the CGI module
   to discover whether the Alias module has put this request through
   ScriptAlias (which it needs to know for back-combatibility, as the old
   NCSA code did not check Options ExecCGI in ScriptAliased directories).
   [Robert Thau]
* patch10.solaris-loop --- Don't loop for buggy CGI on Solaris [Cliff Skolnick]
* patch10.symlinks --- make FollowSymlinks and SymlinksIfOwnerMatch check
   the file being requested itself, in addition to the directories leading
   up to it. [Robert Thau]
* patch10.symlinks-again --- make FollowSymLinks deal correctly with systems
   where lstat of "/path/to/some/link/" follows the link.  [Thau, Fielding]

View raw message