httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: nomenclature
Date Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:24:45 GMT
   Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 23:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>

   Hmm... wait. Never mind. I just checked the code, and apparently the
   neccessary change would in fact be in http_protocol.c, and
   mod_negotiation.c would remain the same. Oops. Guess you did a nicer job
   of programming this thing than I had figured. :)

   Still, the concept still holds. Doesn't it?

If "the concept" is that protocol information should be available in
case some module needs to be aware of the protocol to function
correctly... well, yes, that's why it's there.  I still think that
where such cases arise, it's generally symptomatic of a design error,
either in the module itself or in the server core, but unfortunately,
nobody's perfect...

rst